At Vizavance, we always explore opportunities to educate people in our community about vision and eye health. We look for fun, exciting ways to encourage children, make parents more aware, and spread knowledge about how poor vision can impact a child’s academic performance. With that goal in mind, we organized the Seemore and Friends for Sight event on the 29th of February this year. The event was a stellar success and helped us bring awareness to a large community.
What is Seemore and Friends for Sight?
Seemore and Friends is a fun, interactive event designed to raise awareness about vision problems that can occur during childhood. The event is also designed to raise funds for Vizavance and its cause. The funds can help finance more free children’s eye exam programs in Oklahoma.
What Happened During the Event?
Seemore and Friends for Sight was a fun event for people of all ages. We made sure that all members of the family, whether kids or adults, could have a blast. Here’s a look at what happened during the event:
- Games – We organized many exciting and engaging contests that kept children of all ages occupied. Several sponsors stepped forward to finance game material and prices to ensure kids had a great time.
- Food – No one wants to let kids go hungry, so we had a wide variety of delicious snack items during the event.
- Raffles – There are few things as thrilling as winning a raffle. Children and their parents loved our raffle contests and had a great time.
- Story Time – Seemore and Friends was a great hit during storytime. We used live-action characters to spread awareness and entertain children.
- Face Painting – Our professional face painter from LOL Cartoons was a huge success. During the event, our face painter worked on almost 70 arms and faces with unique and fun designs.
This event showed us just how many people are interested in our goal, to provide FREE children’s vision testing in Oklahoma.
Thank you to all of our supporters and sponsors!
Sponsors make events like this possible and also promote our cause. Many of our sponsors believe that eye tests for kids should be free and accessible. They are passionate in their support and don’t hesitate to contribute in every way they can. Some of our sponsors for this event included:
- Korber Eyecare and Surgery Center
- EBP of Cross Pointe Insurance Advisors
- Lily Pad
- The Advisors – Raymond James
- Piedmont Nazarene
- Regent Bank
- LOL Cartoons
- Be There Marketing
- Eyecare Boulevard
- Full Circle
- Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Express Employment Professionals
- Top Golf
- Metro Family
- Delta Dental
Many local businesses and professionals support our cause. We are always interested in more contributions, which is why we will hold the Seemore and Friends event again.
If you want to know more or want to get vision screening for Oklahoma children, don’t hesitate to contact us at Vizavance.
You can reach us at the Tulsa office by calling 918 496 3484 or at the OKC office by calling 405 848 7123.